Pages

Monday, August 28, 2017

Turn Your Can'ts Into Cans ATC


The third ATC that I made for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is chock full of techniques and layering. This one is actually a reworking of one with the same stamped sentiment that I previously did not like how it turned out.





So I stripped it down to the base and covered the background by scrapping gesso on it to hide the previous background and prep the surface. I then, painted it with Dina Wakley Tangerine Heavy Body acrylic and once dry, I stenciled it with the Magenta Quatrefoil stencil with gesso. I stamped the Magenta sentiment with Tim Holtz Black Soot Archival ink and then covered it with clear fine embossing powder and heat set it. Next, I adhered the mesh with gel medium and then splattered the base in Black acrylic paint and with a white poster marker. Once dry, I assembled the ATC from little bits that I both reused from the original project as well as some leftover little pieces from my past creations. Besides the mesh, I reused the punched butterfly and sequins from the original project. From previous projects I used the muslin glass bead gel stenciled flowers that I fussy cut out and and the silhouette cut foliage which I coloured with Cracked Pistachio Distress ink to match the mesh and .

Learn more about the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge and see the DT inspiration ATCs here.

TTFN,


2 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous ATC Cassandra :-) the background is fabulous and I love how you made a trellis, very clever. the flowers and butterfly are very pretty too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

I love your ATC. The background is beautiful and the pretty flower, butterfly and sequins add just the right touch. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥