Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Little Things ATC - Moodiversary

Made a second ATC inspired from the Our Mixed Media Moods Moodiversary Mood BoardI used another piece from my upcycled paper based Teriyaki Experience's take out container. Drawing from the moodboard, I used the Turquoise and Yellow colour inspiration that went along with the bottom right photo inspiration (4th row, 6th column).






Supplies: Teriyaki Experience paper to-go packaging, gesso (Liquitex & Golden), Branches stencil from the Seasons Trio  (Magenta), Dina Wakley Ocean and Lemon Heavy Body Acrylic paints, Dina Wakley Umber and Lemon Scribble Sticks, Graphite and Black All pencils (Stabilo), Texture Paste(Ranger), Tim Holtz Clippings sticker (Advantus), dried baby wipe (misc.)


I started with a light coat of Liquitex gesso that I removed most of so that the packaging text would still show through. Next, I scraped on some Golden gesso which has a thicker consistency. Then, I applied some watered down Dina Wakley Ocean paint with both a paint spatula and my finger. Using the Branches stencil from the Magenta Seasons Trio stencils, I smoothed on texture paste and then, set it aside to dry.  While it was drying, I added more colour to a paint used baby wipe by adding watered down Lemon acrylic paint and then when dry, adding some more colour with a Lemon Scribble Stick. Next, I went back to the dried texture paste branches and bird and coloured them with an Umber Scribble Stick; adding shadows and depth with both Graphite and Black Stabilo All pencils. Once, I was pleased with my shading, I cut up small pieces of the dried used baby wipe to fashion flowers like in the inspiration photo. They sort of resemble forsythias. Lastly, I added a little Tim Holtz Clippings sticker to finish it off.

For more Moodiversary inspiration, check out both DeeDee Catron's and Jenn Engle's creative process videos on their YouTube channels based on the mood board as well as all the other participant pieces on the weekly link up posts.


To play along, get inspired by anything on their moodiversary moodboard...







... have fun creating a mixed media masterpiece and link up on DeeDee's blog.

TTFN,

No comments: