Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Beautiful Butterflies

Magenta is a prize sponsor for More Than Words March Challenge.
This month, the word inspiration is "Beautiful" and the creative challenge is "Butterflies".




I started with 140 lb coldpress watercolour paper and heat embossed the Script and Postmark stamped areas with silver. Next, I wet the area that I wished to colour and then watercolour painted with the Purple Nuance. Once dry, I stamped the Leaves of Joy stamp in 3 areas using Black Archival ink and splattered some of the remaining Purple Nuance onto the layout. While that was drying, I stamped the Azalea image with  with the Archival ink and then watercoloured painted the flowers again using the Purple Nuance. While that was drying, I heat embossed stamped the Butterflies onto coffe filter paper using silver glitter emboss and then watercoloured one with the Grey Nuance powder. Once the flowers and butterflies were dry, I fussy cut them all out. I heat embossed stamped the Life is Beautiful sentiment on vellum using black embossing powder and edged it in black ink. With all the pieces ready, I assembled the layout.

I really like the monochromatic look of this one. Be sure to check out all the inspirational creations over at More Than Words.




TTFN,





No comments: