Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Beautiful Butterflies

Magenta is a prize sponsor for More Than Words March Challenge.
This month, the word inspiration is "Beautiful" and the creative challenge is "Butterflies".






Supplies: 400 Series cold pressed watercolour paper (Strathmore), Azalea, Butterfly, Leaves of Joy, Script & Post and Life is Beautiful stamps and Purple and Grey Nuance powders (Magenta), Jet Black Archival Ink, VersaMark Ink (Tsukineko), Silver embossing powder (Emerald Creek), coffee filters (Loblaw NoName), Vellum (Dollarama), labeller (Brother)



I started with 140 lb coldpress watercolour paper and heat embossed the Script and Postmark stamped areas with silver. Next, I wet the area that I wished to colour and then watercolour painted with the Purple Nuance. Once dry, I stamped the Leaves of Joy stamp in 3 areas using Black Archival ink and splattered some of the remaining Purple Nuance onto the layout. While that was drying, I stamped the Azalea image with the Archival ink and then watercoloured painted the flowers again using the Purple Nuance. While that was drying, I heat embossed stamped the Butterflies onto coffee filter paper using silver glitter emboss and then watercoloured one with the Grey Nuance powder. Once the flowers and butterflies were dry, I fussy cut them all out. I heat embossed stamped the Life is Beautiful sentiment on vellum using black embossing powder and edged it in black ink. With all the pieces ready, I assembled the layout.

I really like the monochromatic look of this one. Be sure to check out all the inspirational creations over at More Than Words.




TTFN,








No comments: