Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Prima Day 3 Polka Dots - 4 Splatters with ICAD Day 4 - 5

While I am doing a pretty good job of keeping up the daily art aspects of the ICAD2016 challenge and the Prima 30 Days of Watercolor Challenge, I am going to have to rethink the photographing and blogging logistics. It is posing the problem as too much art to blog and having the unintended consequence of making me feel behind. So for today, I am doubling up or rather quadrupling up. With my ICAD Day 4 and 5 plans calling for watercolour and Prima consecutively, it worked perfectly to combine them both with Prima's 30 Day Watercolor Challenge for Days 3 and 4.

ICAD Day 4/ Prima Day 3 - Polka-dots:

I was up for more experimenting with my Gelli Arts plate. A week ago, I tried Magenta Nuance powders with clear gesso ending in great results. So today, I wanted to try the Prima Water Soluble Oil Pastels with gel medium to see if it would work. I am happy to report a resounding YES!



Supplies: index card (Staples), water-soluble oil pastels, gel medium, stencils, stamps (Prima), Black Archival Ink (Ranger), black pen (Uniball), white Signo pen (Mitsubishi Co.), white paint marker (Elmer's)

I scribbled a quarter sized amount of pastel onto my craft sheet and then used a dollop (about a teaspoon) of gel medium and mixed it in. I found that it creates a light colour so if you want a deeper colour, you need to add more pastel crayon to intensify it or use a darker shade of pastel to get the depth you want.

Step-by-step:
I first punched out a bunch of 3/4" circles using a circle punch. Next, I rolled my Cadium Green mix colour out onto the gelli plate using a brayer, placed my circle dots down randomly, and then, placed the index card down and pressed/brayered. Once I peeled it up, I had my polka dot base. From there, I used Sky Blue with the Spark stencil and then Yellow-Green with the lace stencil. Once dry, I created a single circle punch paper stencil, aligned the circle over a polka-dot on the background, and stamped through it with the musical notation stamp from the Don't Forget to Fly stamp set. I repeated that process for all the dots. Next, using a black Uniball pen and my circle stencil, I went back over each dot and drew a circle and a slightly offset circle for each.  Then, I stamped the large Love Letter butterfly background with black Archival ink. Once dry, I added Blue pastel to the large butterflies wings and added some highlights with a white signo pen. Then, I rubbed the edges with Yellow-Green and blended it out with a dampened finger. Next, I added some Silver Wink of Stella to the blue and body of the large butterfly and to the two other butterfly's. Lastly, I splattered some watered down gesso to finish it off.

Like my other ICADs thus far, I turned this one into a greeting card also.




I used up some really old Prima chipboard alphabet stickers from my stash and the All About Me mini letter sticker for my sentiment. I used a white signo pen to give highlights and a grey Fibracolor marker to create shadows along  'celebrate' to make it standout from the background. I finished it all off with a scattering of Simon Says Stamp's Moonshine sequins.


ICAD Day 5/ Prima Day 4 - Splatters:

For my Day 5 ICAD, I started it off by second generation stamping with the Prima IOD large vintage background stamp with Coffee Archival Ink. Then, I added modeling paste roses by stenciling them on with the Fading Floral stencil. Once dry, came the messy and I do mean messy fun... splatters... lots and lots and lots of splatters using Prima watercolour Confections from the Classics and Tropicals sets. I had to wait and dry in between layers of blue, teal, a blend of both, wheat, and browns.




Supplies: index card (Staples), background stamp, stencil, watercolours (Prima), Coffee Archival ink (Ranger), whipped spackle (Faber-Castell)

Next, I turned it into a card by adding a flower and brown watercoloured leaves, an artistically placed jewelled cameo from my stash (yes, I have a lot of older Prima in my stash being that I have been a fan for over 8 years), a gessoed Finnabair mechanical plate piece along with stampings from various Prima stamp sets to create my sentiment, older Prima lace, some metallic thread, and some strategically placed glass beads. The sentiment on the inside reads... Just like you!



Additional Supplies: flower, leaves, jewelled cameo sticker, metal plate, stamps, lace (Prima), metallic thread and glass beads (Dollarama)

I am totally enamoured by with this card. I love, love, love how it turned out!




That is it for my shares for this post. I am linking up the Celebrate Summer card to Simon Says Stamps Work It Wednesday for stencils and the Art is Beautiful card based on the gorgeous Photo Inspiration moodboard colours this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.  In the meantime, I will have to further ponder a manageable means of blogging all my challenge creations.


TTFN,


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Cassandra! It's so pretty and striking & I love the background you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx