Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

U Rock - Ode to Tim Holtz - ICAD Day 2

Tim Holtz... U Rock! Yes, you really do. And I mean that in a totally good way. One only has to look at the influence and following (worshipping fans) not to mention the product sales that you generate (which I happily contribute to ;)) to know that this is true. You just have that way about you... your sense of style, creative genius, your friendly relatable personality, teaching ability... you inspire and influence people to create.  Thus, I dedicated my Day 2 ICAD (index card-a-day) to you.



Supplies: Tim Holtz Distress inks, Distress Paints, Collage Medium (Ranger), stencil (Stampers Anonymous), Tim Holtz Idea-ology washi tape, grunge board, chipboard alpha tiles, metal crown (Advantus), index card (Staples)


I made this card using Tim Holtz products with both new and old stash. Plus, what a perfect way to try out some more of the techniques from Summer of Creative Chemistry - Creative Chemistry 101 Week 1 - Wrinkle Free Distress Background.Inspired by my main Tim's supplier... Simon Says Stamp... I went for a row plus one more from the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Tic-Tac-Toe Board.

This is what the ICAD started as and then I built layers up from there.




I used blue, a stencil, and grunge board for cardboard plus washi.



TTFN,


3 comments:

sarascloset said...

He does rock! And so do you with this beautiful ICAD! Love that rich, inky background and how you've contrasted that with the pastel die cuts. Well done! Hugs!

cheiron said...

I love this card!!! Such vibrant colors...fabulous design!

Lou said...

Super cool project, I love the boldness of the colours. Congrats on being picked for the designer spotlight! Lou x