Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Art Makes Me Happy

As soon as I saw the "I'm a Get Messian" colour selection for Get Messy Art Journaling members, I knew what I wanted to do with them and my new Prima Crayons. I printed them out and created this colour blocking art journal page.



Supplies: 81/2 x 11 watercolour journal (Strathmore 400 series), Get Messy Art Journaling printable, watersoluble pastel crayons (Prima), Tim Holtz's Tracks, Splotches, and Flourishes stencils (Stamper's Anonymous), gesso (Liquitex), Donna Downey stamps (Unity Stamp Co.), Cloudy Sky StazOn ink (Tsukineko), Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Imagine Crafts)

As it was the Season of Happy week 1 prompt, I made it around what makes me happy - Creating art makes me happy... getting messy with my fingers makes me happy... these Prima Pastels make me happy (love the vibrancy and spreadability)... these colours make me happy... layering and stencils make me happy... gold splatters make me happy (loving Imagine Crafts for making this effect so easy).




Being part of a supportive creative community is definitely something that makes me happy.

TTFN,


No comments: