Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Watercolour Valentine

"Love is in the air" as Valentine's Day is fast approaching and Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge is based on it along with using some red. I decided to make a Valentine's card using the Day 2 Bonus pattern on pattern technique shown by Lauren Bassen over at Watercolour for Card Makers - Intermediate Techniques class.



Supplies: QoR watercolour paint (Golden), stamps and cork letters (Magenta), 140 lb watercolour paper, Distress ink (Ranger), metal arrow and lace (Tim Holtz by Advantus), clear emboss powder (CTMH), black emboss powder (Stampendous), baker's twine (The Twinery), sequins (Simon Says Stamp), cardstock (Bazzill)


I used Golden QoR watercolour paint on 140 lb Ranger watercolour paper. For the background pattern I used my favourite Magenta Script and Postmark stamp.  My background colour choice allowed me to layer the other colours right on top following the technique taught - albeit for less of a top layer pattern as I decided to only include two freehanded hearts in my design.

If you are interested in learning more about either the Monday Challenge or Watercolour Classes, click on the respective links.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog      

TTFN,


No comments: