Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cards, Cards, Cards

Yeah! I am finally on Pinterest. You can see my creative collections here. Becoming a follower would really make me happy! ;)

While I was in the process of creating a pinned gallery of my works, I realized that I missed sharing these cards that I made during my summer vacation at the cottage. I was on a card roll and made a few using Maya Road products and Jillibean Soup papers.

I find you can never have enough thank you cards, so they are one of my favourites for card making. They also tend to stay around longer with recipients... 'cause really, who doesn't like to feel appreciated.



Supplies: flowers, pins, ticket stubs, stamps (Maya Road), patterned papers (Jillibean Soup), Tim Holtz Distress ink and archival ink (Ranger), cardstock (Bazzill), embroidery thread (Aurifil Mako'ne)

Distressed and Distress inked with lots of flower material textures plus stitching, this little monochromatic 4 5/8" x 4 3/8" beauty is a little less formal with its' text form of thanks.




I kept to those warm vintage creams and browns but added a touch of class to this one with the satin black flower, pearl pins and jewels. I elected to not gesso mute the measurement background patterned paper but rather keep it vivid; however, the flip side of that decision has left me with an ongoing internal design debate as to whether to stitch the linen heart in black or not. Thus far, I have left it as is but I find I teeter on it when I come across the card in my collection. I really should just give it away already and end it but this one needs to go to just the right person who will appreciate it's beauty and keep it rather than discarding it. ;)



Supplies: linen heart, black scalloped ribbon, pins, stamp (Maya Road), patterned paper (Jillibean Soup), cardstock (Bazzill), antique button (misc.)


The flower was made from a scalloped trim and its' piece de resistance is the antique rhinestone jeweled button. Seriously gorgeous in real life.  Love it!



The last one is feminine fun with a fairly clean and simple design.


Supplies: trims, paper thread, wood spools, butterfly pin, bead, stamps (Maya Road), patterned papers (Jillibean Soup), ink and Stickles (Ranger),  cardstock (CTMH), embroidery thread (Aurifil Mako'ne)

Pink lace trim shaped into a flower with a pearl centre and a pearlized tiny butterfly pin plus added little bits of glitter on the distressed flower strip of patterned paper make this one "so sweet".



This is a great general sentiment that can be used for a variety of occasions be it a thank you, birthday, or baby card.
There is a fourth one which is a congratulations card that I made with this set however is not shown as yet because it was recently published in Creative Cards (a specialty edition by Scrapbooks and Cards Today Magazine). I will share it when I can.


TTFN,


2 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

These are so gorgeous! I love the simple Thx message and the bright happy flowers.

Dr Sonia S V said...

How beautifully you incorporate fabric into your creations..beautiful !!
Cheers
Dr Sonia