Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy 2015 to All

It has been a relaxing first few days of the New Year for me and I hope like wise can be said for you. I wanted to make a card to commemorate the New Year and wish all my creative peeps out there... that's you... a Happy 2015.:)







Colour inspiration for this card came from this week's Close To My Heart's Instagram (@ctmhcorp) Color Crush creative prompt of Gold and Silver.  I do not often mix those colours. I am more of a one or the other type of gal, but in the spirit of stretching my creativity, I gave it a go.  I dug into my copious CTMH stash and got my sparkle and shine on.






Supplies:  cardstock, text font [A Typeface], star boarder [You are...], med. and lrg. stars [Shining Star] stamps, houndstooth Irresistibles chipboard (CTMH), Delicata Golden Glitz and Silver Shimmer ink (Tsukineko), Stickles and gel medium (Ranger), metallic thread, vellum and glass seed beads (Dollarama), thread (Aurifil Mako'ne), wht pen (Signo Uniball)


For design inspiration, I used this Cardabilities sketch and joined in their bi-weekly challenge. There is lots of eye candy and inspiration not to mention time left to enter the challenge so go check it out.

Wishing you all the best for 2015.


TTFN,


8 comments:

Carole Dion said...

Nice and happy card!!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful tribute to the new year! Happy 2015, Cassandra! May yours be extra blessed!

Gayle Price said...

Hey Cassandra, happy new year to you ! Gold AND silver....there is no better combination, and your card is wow ! Thanks for visiting me and leaving your beautiful words too. xx

yyam said...

Gosh I love the gold and silver here - so festive and perfect to usher in the new year!

Happy 2015 to you Cassandra! Hope this is your best year yet!

Maria said...

Wow! Beautiful card, Cassandra! Love all the layers and the super fun stars! Happy New Year to you and family!

Aggie said...

Lovely card and great use of the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining in at Cardabilities!

Nowe Love Papierowe said...

Beautiful card Cassandra !
Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.