Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

First Docs


These boots are made for walking (like that song too)... these are my daughter's kick butt patent leather boots.  She was so proud of her purchase. I shake my head and laugh at the patent leather part but smile at the Docs part. I do love Docs too and I love her evolving sense of style. I am calling this one my glam-grunge layout.  Nothing like using gold leaf and glitter with patent leather... LOL! Love it!
A whole lot of LESSology Challenge 38 (Sew Lovely) and Society 52 challenge 4 (No Patterned Paper) and a little bit of inspiration from Louise Nelson.  If you have not seen Louise's use of gold leafing and glitter, you really have to check out her work. Awe inspiring!







Supplies: cardstock (Bazzill), masking fluid/liquid fisquet (Pebeo), gel medium and black ink (Ranger), stencil (The Crafter's Workshop), gold leaf flakes (Michaels), glimmer mist (Tattered Angels), chipboard letters (Lil' Davis Designs), foam number, glitter chipboard letters and date stamp (AC), cardstock sticker letters (Pink Paislee), wht pen (Sakura), blk pen (CTMH), embroidery thread (Loops and Threads), vellum (misc.), box packaging and tissue (Dr. Martens)

I upcycled the Dr. Martens packaging. Used both the inside and outside of the box plus the tissue protection wrapping and added the classic yellow stitching. I even used some really old letters from my stash. Remember Lil' Davis Designs. Definitely a case of getting more with less on this one. Love finding inspiration from fellow crafters and challenges. It all makes me smile.


TTFN,


5 comments:

Denise Price said...

I love how you used the packaging and placed the "boot prints" in the background. What a stylish layout!

yyam said...

Love the boot print background...super apt for this layout! Love the stamping and stitching too! Glad your girl loves her boots.

Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

Mona Pendleton said...

Amazing layout Cassandra! Great upcycled background!

Monique Liedtke said...

Soooo creative!!! Love the upcycled Dr.Martens packaging!! and adore the background!!

Mitralee said...

Great upcycling! Love that page! I too love a good pair of stompin boots! Maybe this is her signature style! ;-) Hugs and thanks for playing along with LESSology!