Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Watercolouring Play Day!

Watercolor for Card Makers had a day 11 which the called Play Day and boy was it ever.  Tim Holtz brought on the fun with a stencil Distress Ink  technique which was a must try.

I have to say that I love, love, love this fun technique! Bright, cheery, and fun, I had the perfect Magenta sentiment stamp (from the new Spring 2014 Supplement ) to go with the Silhouette cut heart background stencil that I had previously created.






On my first attempt, I did not like the pattern I had created as a full card but saw the potential in cutting it into two smaller pieces.  They really worked out well that way.






The marble background was made from the left over ink left on the craft mat after I made the darker striped background.  I like the softness that it brought to that card.





Love the intensity of colour on this one. Just what I had in my mind.  Love when that happens.




I created a softer version and blinged it up with glitter glue filled hearts and touches of chunky gold glitter.





Love the variety that can be created with variations in pattern and colour intensity along with changing up the embellis.



Lots more card ideas percolating from these technique packed classes. Looking forward to sharing more soon.


TTFN,


No comments: