Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Magenta May Challenge

Anything goes is the theme for this month's Magenta Challenge. After receiving new items from the Magenta Spring 2014 Supplement CatalogueI was organizing my DT supplies when I rediscover a bunch of Magenta items in my stash that sparked this layout idea.





I cut the title from a Magenta Canvas Fabric sheet using my Silhouette and a Silhouette cut file. Because the fabric is paper backed it cuts beautifully clean and then lifts off the cutting mat with ease. Going to have to do more fabric cuts in the future. It was just too easy.







These heart stickers were some of the first Magenta products that I ever owned.  I decided to go with them on this layout because I liked the watercolour look to them.







The finishing touch was a liberal sprinkling of sequins.  I originally had less on the page, when my daughter came into my scrap room to see what I was working on.  She requested that I try it with more sequins. Once I added them, she said she liked it better that way. Who was I to argue.  The girl is going to end up with these when I am gone anyways! LOL!

You can find details and enter the Magenta May Challenge here.

TTFN,


3 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is gorgeous! The fabric mat looks really effective and I love the sequins! :D

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

No reason to argue with the kids if they are right *lol*

I just love all the pink on this layout and the simple design. The sequines rell adds the little extra, and I bet the fabric in the title gives a lovely structure to the letters - it's hard to see from the photos.

Monique Liedtke said...

Lovely page!! Love the hearts and the title! and love the pink color!!