Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AMMCC #5 with Gelatos


If you have been reading my blog over the last month or so, you will have seen that I have been having some fun learning and experimenting with Faber-Castell gelatos.  I started out with a pack of blues at the beginning of the year.  Next, I got a pack of reds.  Then I found an amazing starter kit of 10 at Michaels which came with a handy-dandy technique guide and 5x7 multi-surfaced swatch pages in it.  It is safe to say that I am hooked on them.  I have now gotten my hands on even more colours and I am creating a quote Art Journal, trying out various techniques, on the swatch pages.

I turned the canvas journal page into this....






Supplies: canvas journal page and gelatos (Faber-Castell), gesso and molding paste (Golden), damask stencil (The Crafter's Workshop), stamp (The Art Warehouse/Limited Edition), ink and Multi Media Gel (Ranger), Inktense watercolour pencil crayons (Derwent), fleur de lis image (K for Jesus), font (Viner Hand ITC), pen (CTMH)

I gessoed the background and coloured it with gelatos. Next, I used the damask stencil with molding paste and carried the colour onto it once dry. Then I stamped the diamonds on and did an image transfer for the very first time.  (That is such a cool technique.  I can see doing that some more.) I coloured the image a bit with watercolour pencil crayons and then gessoed the right side before image transferring the Serenity prayer.  Lastly, I went over the text with a very fine tip pen to make it darker so it would stand out more.

I used A Mixed Media Color Challenge #5 colour palette.




These are my favourite colour families so it was a natural fit for this journal page.  You should see the other splendid creations by others in this challenge.  Love the diversity of projects and media used.  Talk about inspiration!

TTFN,



14 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful page Cassandra! Such a pretty background! Love the fancy stenciled design along with the Serenity Prayer! Thanks so much for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Gayle Price said...

This is really very, very beautiful.

Maria said...

Gorgeous creation! A very pretty background and perfect sentiment...well done!

Elobibie said...

I love your page, lot of serenity...

Julia Aston said...

Love this! I got the same kit at Michaels - so excited to have a great mix of colors with the Gelatos - your canvas stamping came out wonderfully - love the fleur de lis, the texture and the Serenity prayer...

Heather Landry said...

I so want to try Gelatos!! Your project is absolutely beautiful. I love the embossed look down the side.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super work!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Wow! Love this. So many awesome techniques and came out beautiful! I love my gelatos too.

Elizabeth said...

This is amazing and how cool you've been experimenting! I need to do that more too!!
e.

LisaM said...

First of all, thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog.
Secondly, that canvas ROCKS! I have been wanting to try Gelatos and you have inspired me so much!
Thank you!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous canvas!

Denise Price said...

Ooh, those canvas journaling pages are a great find! I love what you've done with this page, especially the lovely image transfer.

Ella Swan said...

This is really fantastic! You have used those gelatos like a pro!! I love the effects you have created!!!

Mariëtte said...

Wowie this is fantastic!