Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Little Bit of Spring

Happy spring everyone in the northern hemisphere! The first day of a new season means time to start using my spring siggie.  Welcome little nesters!:)

It might be the first day but it sure doesn't feel like it... or look like it for that matter.  Awfully cold with lots of white stuff and more to come.  At least the sun made an appearance today to lighten one's soul and make me yearn for above zero temperatures.

Can you believe that Easter is just around the corner?  It is an early one this year.  Today I am sharing my Easter egg layout that went up on the Magenta blog today.  Some of the Magenta DT gals and I did takes on Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine's It's a Sketchy Challenge for March.


Supplies: patterned papers, chipboard butterflies, chipboard letters (Magenta), cardstock (CTMH), acrylic letters (Heidi Swapp), glitter (Doodlebug Designs), embroidery floss (Loops and Threads), font: HelloChunky


For my take on the sketch, I turned it sideways to accommodate my photo and I went with a clean and simple style to highlight the photo. Some fun stitching pattern and shaped chipboard butterflies with glittered bodies provide touches of texture. I also matched the journaling text colour to the egg and the title.



Here is the March sketch created by Sue Sykes for Canadian Scrapbooker.




You have until the end of the month to post in their Sketchy gallery here.  Check out the wonderful inspirational layout on this month's sketch and others there too. 

TTFN,


11 comments:

Danielle said...

Such a beautiful spring page, lovely colors!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love the simplicity and the colors and embellishing highlights that adorable photo!

Hope you get Spring weather soon! Send s little snow down here. My daughter really wants to build a snowman but don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Heather Landry said...

I absolutely love the stitching. It looks amazing! Such lovely colors too. Just beautiful!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a lovely page! Love the soft spring colors and the faux stitching. Wish it was more springy here too, it's still below 0!!!

Dana Tatar said...

Great page! I love the clean design. The stitched border is awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Shellye McDaniel said...

Great page! I love your stitching around the edge and that cute, cute photo! Happy Easter!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a perfect palette for this time of year, Cassandra! LOVE that you've captured this memory, and the touch of glitter, on the butterflies, is delish!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow - LOVE this! Great stitching too!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout, and such a cute photo! Love the awesome stitching! :)X

Denise Price said...

Beautiful LO! I love the smiley photo and the white-on-white stitched border. Have a Happy Easter!

Bente Fagerberg said...

What a cute layout and that photo is simply adorable. Great take on the sketch. Love the stitched border too! xo