Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fairy Fun with MME

The My Mind's Eye July blog sketch, designed by Keri Babbitt, was full of fun layers and elements.  I went with some fun photos of my niece posing while playing faires with her sister and my daughter.  The other two girls had decided to run about the neighbourhood.  Emma decided to stay in the comfort of the backyard with me,  I was able to capture these adorable photos of her playing it up for the camera which is sooo like her. LOL!
 
Supplies: patterned papers, decorative buttons, garland, Baker's Twine, and chipboard letters (MME), glitter foam letters (American Crafts), buttterfly punch (EK Success), border punch (Stampin' Up), ink and pen (CTMH), cardstock number stickers (Jillibean Soup), doilie (Today's Kitchen), metal filigree and jewels (Dollarama), marker (Sharpie)


For my take, I rotated the design by 90 degrees to the right and elected to only border one side.  I used items from the Indie Chic Ginger collection which were featured in the Nook's July kit.

Lots of fussy cutting, following the patterned paper designs, made for interesting lines.  I recoloured a white paper doilie using an ink pad and water which worked perfectly to coordinate with the patterned paper.  (I will have to do a tutorial on this and share it at another time as it worked really well and was very easy to do.)  The butterflies are super thin and airy in real life as they too were punched from doilie paper. A whole lot of inking going on to add some depth and pop and I also recoloured the metal filigree frame with a black Sharpie.

If you are wondering what the original sketch looked like, here it is:


 JulyGDT_Layout1Sketch_KeriB


Be sure to check out Keri's and others' takes on the MME blog here.

TTFN,

6 comments:

Shellye McDaniel said...

Beautiful page! Love your take on the sketch and how you trimmed the patterned paper to look like a border! so clever...great photos too :)

SorayaMaes (So.Creative) said...

Beautiful layout and great take on this sketch!

Ella Swan said...

What a great take on the sketch Cassandra - just love the doily & twine embellishment you made!

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Fun layout !

Sherri said...

Love the way it looks rotated. And your kiddo, looks like such a ham, wonder where she gets it?! lol

Monique Liedtke said...

Wow Cassandra!! I just love your take on the sketch and how you flipped it! Fun photos too (your niece sounds just like my dd!).