Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November PageMaps Newsletter

I cannot begin to describe how excited I am about the November PageMaps Newsletter.  Firstly, because I am honoured that I had the opportunity to contribute to it (you all know what a fan I am of Becky) but secondly, I absolutely love how my take on the sketch turned out.


Supplies: patterned papers, dimensional stickers, chipboard, pearl swirl, pearl swirl packaging background, and burlap trim (MME), fabric chipboard numbers (American Crafts), Tim Holtz distress inks (Rangers), blk ink (StazOn), pen (Creative Memories), twine and thread (misc.)

I used the Nook's October Kit and add-ons featuring MME's Lost and Found Two Sunshine collection.  These papers have such a richness to them and with all the textures and layers of the collection products... oh my... how can a girl go wrong?

Here is the sketch that I interpreted:


 


As you can see, I stuck pretty close to the original design. I am grateful for the amazing inspiration that it provided in my coming up with this layout.

A close up shot:




I fussy cut the lace doily, distress inked the edges, stitched it, the layout border edges and burlap trim in a pleated fashion with a golden mustard coloured thread, and used the swirls packaging card as my journal spot after distress inking the top label cut edge to match the other sides. I hymned and hahed over whether to use black and white or sepia photos.  After trying both versions, I went with the sepia as it just went beautifully with the brownish tones and the burlap trim and twine.

If you love the look of glitter paper but not the accompanying mess of glitter virtually everywhere, I used this neat tip I picked up at ScrapFest from the ladies at The Memory Keeper booth.  I lightly sprayed the glittered parts of the paper, layered sticker and chipboard with a nonscented aerosal hairspray.  By george it did the trick and held the glitter in place!  I also discovered that by using a static cling floor wipe like Swiffer sheets, I was able to easily deglitter the plain side of the papers and my work surface. Yeah for alternative uses!

A huge thanks to Becky for letting me contribute.  Be sure to check out her other marvelous sketches and the fabulous sample layouts of my fellow November newsletter contributors here.

TTFN,

6 comments:

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Yoohoo! I can finally leave you a comment:))))
Love so much you LO! Love everything about it! It's so gorgeous♥♥
Gros bisous

Deanna said...

HUGE Congrats on being pubbed in PageMaps, Cassandra! I adore this page! It couldn't be more perfect! WTG!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And that is one awesome layout too Cassandra!

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful layout - congrats!

Sherri said...

Gorgeous layout Cassandra. Congrats on the spot, so happy for you my friend.

webmosterhelene said...

Such a wonderful page! Just love the colors!