Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pretty perch... of the human kind

A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting at the local municipal pool while my daughter was having her swimming lesson, when it dawned on me that the folding chair I was sitting on would be a fun thing to personalize and alter.  So I gave it a go.




Supplies: patterned paper, ribbon, felt embellishments (Pebbles), modge podge (Plaid), font Cooper Black, hot glue, thread (miscallaneous), folding chair (Loblaws President's Choice)

To make it more weather resistant, I modge-podged both sides of the paper for both the background and the leaves.  I adhered it with hot glue and hand stitching using a curved embroidery/apolstery needle.  I kept the rectangle size such that by centring it fits naturally in the chair's fold zone for bag storage.

I love, love , love the results! Apparently this experiment rates highly with my daughter's approval and has thus raised my coolness factor (for the present time at least,LOL!) as she wants me to make one for her now.

TTFN,

No comments: