Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Playing with some Pebbles

Sometimes I just do not know where a layout is heading but love the end result of the process.

Supplies: patterned paper, chipboard, dimensional stickers, twine, trim, packaging (Pebbles Inc.), chipboard letter stickers (American Crafts), marker (Sharpie), border punch (Fiskars), pen (Staedtler), jewels and floss (miscallaneous), birch bark (a little piece of Muskoka, Canada)
For this layout, I started with some Pebbles Floral Lane products and Happy Go Lucky Trim and a adorable photo from my pre-digital era of my daughter at 15 months old.  I had a rough sketch drawn out with an idea to use a bunch of journaling chipboard and sticker tags along one side, a few paper strips, a floral cluster and a machine stitched border.  Once I got that part lying on the paper, I was like ...okay what next? Here inlayed the problem... I was at the cottage and thus only had a small bunch of supplies on hand.  And just as the saying goes... necessity breeds invention... a little improvising was called for. Not the right colour of letter stickers, re-colour them with a Sharpie marker.  Do not have the right size or font lettering, hand draw and stitch the letters. Machine sewn border not showing up against the paper because the thread is too thin, rip it out and hand sew a running stitch with embroidery floss.  I even incorporated a little bit of the cottage by trying out a border punch on some birch bark.  It works really well and thus it along with the adorable Chips packaging made its way onto the layout.

So here’s to the creative process and scrapping at the cottage... the results are well worth it!

TTFN,

No comments: