Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Get Picky Inspiration!

When this was posted at Get Picky in April, I thought neat colour combination and inspirational photo. 



I especially loved my Nook friend Carol Manson's take "10 in 2010"!  At the time I thought I did not have any photos that would work with the combo.  Then recently, when I was looking through my last 2 1/2 months photos, I can across my quickly taken photo of my dd before heading off to school for Crazy Hair and House Colour Spirit Day.  Taken on the morning of the Royal wedding, I missed both kisses as I was retrieving hairspray during the first one and then more butterfly clips on the second one, as I created her requested hairstyle. 

Supplies: patterned paper (Heidi Swapp, Lily Bee), cardstock, Ink and liquid glass (CTMH), glitter chipboard and foam letter stickers (American Crafts), wht glitter letter stickers (Recollections), blue glitter (Art Accents), punches (Fiskars, Stampin' Up), glimmer mist (Tattered Angels), floss (DMC), pen (Sharpie), misc. yellow Post Its, foam for banner stamp

This year it was to be Trollz hair.  The straight on frontview photo does not do the height of the hair justice and in my rush to get to school, I didn't get a side shot.  On the bright side, I did at least get this one fun photo that I cropped both vertically and horizontally and the colours worked perfectly for the combination.  I used 2 2x3 copies of the horizontal one on each side of the 4x3 vertical one. 

So in the end, I was lucky to be able to get a great layout totally inspired by the photo design, using a colour combo that I would not have likely have used on my own and I got to use up some of my stash.  Thanks Get Picky for inspiring me once again to create a layout that I love!

TTFN,

1 comment:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hi Cass, thank you so much for your lovely email, it made my day! This layout is another stunner and look at that trollz hair! Gorgeous! It feels great to know that we are inspiring you in so many ways - keep them coming :)