Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Get Picky Sketch #6 from Guest Designer Becky Fleck

You only have to look on my sidebar to see I am a fan of Becky Fleck and her PageMaps sketches.  Not only will you find a site badge, but you can see from the number of posts/layouts in the labels menu, that I am.  As some of my favourite layouts that I have made are based on her sketches, I was so excited to see that Becky was the Guest Designer at Get Picky in March.  While I did not have the opportunity to participate in the contest part of the challenge, I loved the sketch and wanted to use it.  Here is the sketch used for March's challenge.



Here is my take:
Supplies: patterned papers, chipboard (MME), cardstock, chalk and blue marker (CTMH), VersaMark (for chalked shape), punches (Stampin' Up, Fiskars), pen (Staedtler), kitchen twine (Misc.)

I had picked up the MME Fine and Dandy from Scrapbook Memories - The Design Studio's brand new location on a March Break sojourn to London, Ontario where I naturally had to LSS shop both on my way and in London.  Once I started to think about what I wanted to do with the sketch, I knew that I wanted to use this line and exactly which pictures I wanted to use.  So again this month it required a trip down memory lane to find the photos in my pre-scrapbooking 35 mm film days.  This time it was back to 2001.  The outfit my DD is wearing is one of my favourite's from her toddler years.  So have to love the Gap for their adorable coordinated lines!

I marvel that I actually have some good photos from then, as I was really just beginning to learn more about photography and how to use my manual camera.  Not to mention, you get what you get as no editing was available with the film developed as is.

Be sure to check out both the Get Picky DT's takes as well as the spectacular entries.  This site is proving to be one hugely internationally talented inspirational place to visit!  April's sketch challenge closes in a day so there is still time to get your entry in.

TTFN,

2 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hi Cass, your layout is stunning, I love the whimsy feel to it and the adorable photos. That sketch of Becky's is awesome, I have used it twice myself. Thank you for your kind words about Get Picky my friend! We are absolutely delighted with how it is going too ;)

LG said...

Love everything! Your design and composition is impeccable!