Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

MIA but for a good cause

While I have been quiet on my blog, that just means I have been busy in the rest of my life.  Report card time means limited scrap time but by the end of the week I'll be back at it with an exciting project.  I just got my shipping slip so my supplies for it can be picked up tomorrow.  The upside it is related to this.  The down side is I can't share until June but it I think it will be well worth it.

So to share something scrappy, I am sharing one of my favourite layouts that was recently published in an edition of Scrapbook News and Reviews.

Supplies: CS, chipboard letters, stamps, ink, embossing powder, jewels (CTMH), white pen (Signo)
There are many things that I love about this layout.  First, I love that the pics are from winter and summer from when my DD was 5.  Second, I love how I used up all those U's and thirdly, I am really proud of my title stamping because there is a whole lot of mixing going on but it all works!  

Stamping techniques include:
- heat embossed paisley design background on 1/4 circle paper
- 3 stamps used in "make me"
- "Smile" Solo "S" stamp & chocolate alphabet dragged across ink pad to get distressed look, backed onto misc. chipboard


I have lots lined up for the rest of the month and I haven't even started to use my gorgeous Nook February kit featuring Webster's Pages. 


It too can be picked up tomorrow. It will be a scrap happy product day for sure!  Lots of uhhing and ahhing... and touching ...smelling ...and staring! Geez that sounds so wrong but you crafters all know what I mean!  LOL! I love new stuff!

TTFN,

No comments: