Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PageMaps December Sketch Challenge

Here is my take on the PageMap blog's December sketch.


Supplies:  patterned papers (Lily Bee), cardstock, ink and chalk (CTMH), red letter stickers and fabric flower (BasicGrey), brown and orange letter stickers, sugar picks, twine, corrugated flower (JilliBean Soup), chipboard leaves (American Crafts), pen (Staedtler)
I am a big fan of Becky Fleck's PageMaps.  Her sketches always provide the perfect recipe for a stunning layout.  I used the October My Scrapbook Nook kit featuring Lily Bee papers and JilliBean Soup accessories.  Pair a sketch with a Nook kit and you have gold!
 


Lots of inking and faux stiching add dimension to this great design.  To get the bright red BasicGrey letter stickers to match the red in the Lily Bee paper, I used a light brown chalk on them.  Works perfectly!

I totally love the mischievousness of my daughter that comes through in these photos.  I have to say though that I wasn't lovin' it so much a bunch of shots later in a different part of the yard when she picked up a pile of wet leaves and hit the camera lens.  Live and learn!

TTFN,


No comments: