Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nook U - Biology 101 and I took a chance!

The next class at My Scrapbook Nook's Nook U that I completed was Trish Harwick's Biology101 Class.  The assignment was to use paper piecing of a living thing on a layout.  I am so pleased with how this layout turned out.  I used a tree from an old ebay.ca advertisement from last year.  I printed it out, traced it onto a transparency, cut it, traced it onto the photos and patterned paper, then cut them out and reassembled on the layout.



Okay, so I took a chance and submitted to the Fancy Pants Creative Team call.  I wasn't going to. I hymed and I hawed.  I went back and reread their blog post numerous times.  I thought there is no way and put the idea out of my head. Then I did this layout and happened to use Fancy Pants from my stash because I wanted a Fall tree and it was the only papers that I had with the colours that went with my photos.  After the layout was finished I thought why not try?  So just before the deadline, I wrote out my application and added some unposted layouts that I love and think illustrate my ability to utilize the types of products Fancy Pants manufactures.  I have loved Fancy Pants for years and I would so love to be on their Creative Team.
 I have a snowball's chance as they have indicated that there are only 2 international positions and there is sooooo much amazing talent out there right now.  But that is not the point.  The point is in putting yourself out there... taking that chance... someone needs to be picked and it could be you.  You just never know unless you give it a go.(I know it rhymes, I can't help it!...it's the kindergarten teacher in me. LOL!)  Anyway, I am not getting my hopes up.  I am just happy that I took a chance.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Lori Mancini said...

Cassandra - I LOVE your layout and FP would be crazy not to have you on their team..Ill be cheering you on from the sidelines my dear!! Good luck and good for you for putting yourself out there...thats the hardest thing to do...!!