Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Nook U - Economics and Budgeting

Next up at the Nook U is Hilde's Economics class with a focus on budgeting as in both time and money.  In typical fun Hilde style (seriously, I love her Nook name "Scoobie"), her assignment is Artist Trading Cards (ATCs).  These are fun playing card size miniture pieces of art and have many genres.  In the past, I actually used them for art technique lessons when I breifly taught grade 7 planning time art in French.  They lend themselves perfectly for trying techniques without the overwhelming size of a standard piece of paper.  Small and simple... love it.  Now as you will see, if you check out this class, there are some phenomenal ATCs that are anything but simple.  That is the beauty of the various styles and genres of art, they run the gamet!

Here are my three cards for the assignment:


ATC supplies list

Again I am really pleased with my results.  I love how I used up scraps and cast off pieces (from 5 different layouts and 1 card no less) to create these fun pieces.

In creating my ATCs, I used a bunch of different techniques including a variety of stamping techniques:

Free Spirit- Stamped butterfly onto transparency and fussy cut, stamped phrase, fussy cut scallop border, and glimmer misted cardstock and lace.

So Sweet- Stamped background with damask stamp and white StazOn, stamped So Sweet and liquid glassed it in the metal frame, glimmer misted punched bird and pieced together with foam circles, inked bird and card edges

Whatcha doin'? - Stamped and watercolour pencilcrayoned the children and doodling

 I am thinking that I can repurpose these as cards but we'll see because I do not know if I can part with them. LOL!


TTFN!

1 comment:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Congrats on the blog, it's looks amazing! And look at all the stuff already. Great job!