Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy Place Art Journaling

My backyard is a place of enjoyment for me. It makes me happy. I love gardening and the wildlife that are attracted to the yard. Currently, it is the various winter birds at the feeders and the antics of the squirrels that makes me smile when I look out the window. While I enjoy all the seasons in the yard, the best time in it to engage all the senses is in the spring.






Supplies: 400 Series Mixed Media Journal (Strathmore), gesso (Golden), clear gesso (Liquitex), gel medium (Ranger), clear emboss powder (CTMH), Versamark (Tsukineko), Gelatos and Stamper's Big Brush (Faber-Castell), distressed chicken wire stamp (Magenta), alpha stickers (October Afternoon, Creative Memories), pen (Staedtler)

I created an art journal page to capture a little bit of my Happy Place. Inspiration for this page came from Get Messy season of Adventure prompt 1 and 2.




The image transfer is a photo that I took of the crab apple tree in bloom. The leaves are stamped and heat embossed from actual magnolia and fragrant viburnum bush leaves. I loaded them with Versamark, stamped with them and then clear embossed them.





The background was then coloured with gelatos and stamped with a chicken wire stamp from Magenta.

TTFN,


2 comments:

Mariëtte said...

Awesome page layout!
And wow squirrels in your back yard, how cool is that!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous page Cassandra... it really shows your love for your garden...