Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Adventure Awaits

Another Get Messy season of Adventure art journal page to share. This one was made with the washi tape scraps from my season of Love "Love Unconditionally" page (can be seen here). At the time of that page's creation, I had adhered the scraps and gessoed over them being sure to leave some washi showing for a future page.

When the Adventure season came along, I was inspired to turn that page into a sort of envelope front. The colour is from Magenta's Nuance powder water soluble dyes in Orange, Bright Yellow and Hot Pink. While the inks were wet, I used them to stamp the postal marks at the top.





Supplies: 6x9 watercolor journal (Strathmore), washi tapes (Scotch 3M), gesso (Golden), Orange, Hot Pink and Bright yellow Nuance powders and grid stencil (Magenta), Distress Glaze (Ranger), stamps (CTMH), StazOn ink (Tsukineko), Stamper's Big Brush (Faber-Castell), blk acrylic paint (DecoArt), pen (Signo)



Once all was dry, I removed some of the colour through a grid stencil. Next, to hold down the colour so that it would not rub off or mix with the acrylic paint, I used the new Distress Micro Glaze. This stuff worked awesome. As there was a slight sheen even after buffing, I just ran my corn starch sack over it that I use for anti-static with heat embossing. I wiped any residual starch away and it was sealed perfectly for the next layer.









I photographed the journal on a Muskoka rock which if you are not familiar with this type of distinctive pinkish granite, it is what makes up the Canadian Shield and is one of the sight-seeing things to see when traveling in northern Ontario. You can see how the rock was my inspiration for colouring... but of a brighter summer variety.






TTFN,


No comments: