Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Stashed Away

Last night, when I saw the Let's Get Sketchy sketch for this week, I knew that it was perfect for this Polaroid photo of my daughter from the summer she was five. Today I spent some of my Mother's Day scrapbooking. A little me time creating with my memories. Such a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.





Supplies: patterned papers, die cuts, stickers and enamel dots (Simple Stories), notebook border punch (EK Success), cuteness sticker (Heidi Swapp), black and white paint (DecoArt), black pen (Staedtler), white Signo pen (Mitsubishi Pencil Co.)

I came across the photo stashed away at the back of a drawer, a few weeks ago, and added it to my to-be-scrapped bin. It brought back a great memory of how much joy and happiness that cute little bunny brought her that we were suckers to pay the $2 dollars that the Bunny Hutch guy charged for the Polaroid during a local summer festival. That was ten years ago now and before camera phones. LOL! It was well worth it, even though the photo is not the best. It is purely that moment captured with the bunny and her huge smile. Priceless!





I used Simple Stories DIY Boutique. Love the bright happy feel of the colours in that collection.





They were just right to bring it all together.


TTFN,


13 comments:

sue said...

Looking back, so worth the $2!! I love your colourful, fun layout!! I really need to try doodling, it really lifts the layout. Thanks for joining us at LGS :)

Unknown said...

I Love your page completely...Thanks for joining us at LGS:)

Tone-Lill said...

Awesome page. I love the bright colours :)
Thank You for playing with our sketch at LGS :)

le scrap de triniti said...

Stunning !! It is sparkling !! Love this. Thanks for playing at LGS

Marie Friant said...

What a beautiful page, a happy page!!!!
I love your picture, papers, hearts, dots & colors!!!! Thank you for joining us @LGS!

Cherished said...

Wonderful page. Thanks for playing at LGS.

Lauren T said...

I really like all the bright colours on the layout. Great photo, well worth the $2. :) Thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy.

Unknown said...

Love the bold color combo! Very sweet page:). Thanks for sharing it with us @LGS!

Unknown said...

Wonderful page! and great take on the sketch...Thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy.

かないえり (きひと) said...

Colorful and pretty page!
Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy.

Melissa Vining said...

Your page is gorgeous, and what a sweet photo for $2! So awesome that you got an older photo scrapped, and I love how you scattered your embellishments! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Gorgeous photo and love all the little embellishments. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy.

Joefil said...

So pretty page, love the colors and details! Thanks for joining us at LGS :)