Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Get Messy Art Journal Blog Hop - Season of Love

A little hop time for Get Messy Art Journaling. I am sharing a few art journal pages created from the Season of Love prompts. The first two are new and last one is one of my favs to date.

First up, I played with my new FW Acrylic Inks by Daler-Rowney on this page that was inspired by Set 3 - numbers 1 and 2.








Supplies: 6x9 watercolour book (Strathmore), FW Acrylic Inks (Daler-Rowney), stencil (The Crafter's Workshop), Texture paste (Ranger), Tim Holtz stamp (Stamper's Anonymous), Stamper's Big Brush (Faber-Castell)

A detail close up...





Next up, is this simpler and toned down page inspired by Set 4 - number 4 and Set 5 - number 3. This page is dedicated to my grandmother who taught me that love should be unconditional.







Supplies: mixed media paper (Strathmore), doily (Kitchen Aid), Scotch Brand washi tape (3M), gesso (Golden), Tim Holtz stamp (Stamper's Anonymous), Ink (Ranger), pen (Sharpie), book page (Misc.)


Style wise my art journal pages are like my scrapbooking, I do not have one set style. I like variety... a little freestyle eclectic, a little clean and simple, a little shabby romantic. So while the above two pages fall into the later categories, this next page that I have previously shared, falls into the bold classic romantic realm. I just adore it.






Supplies: 400 Series Watercolor Hardbound 11" Art Journal  (Strathmore), Tim Holtz tissue paper and stencil, Archival, glue n' seal (Ranger), stamps (CTMH), gelatos and Stamper's Big Brush (Faber-Castell), gesso (Golden), word strip stickers (Cosmo Cricket), beige tissue paper (misc.)

The inspiration for this page was set 2 - number 1.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to hop over to one of my smaller group fellow hop participants. You are sure to find some beautiful inspirational pages. Enjoy!


Group 002
  1. Elizabeth http://ontapfortoday.com
  2. Sara http://sarafree.typepad.com
  3. Cait http://www.cait-makes.com
  4. Julia http://julestea.blogspot.co.uk/
  5. Cassandra - me - You Are Here :)
  6. Kristin http://rukristin.com/blog
  7. Delaney  http://delaneypaige.typepad.com
  8. Anna http://inaveryforeigntongue.blogspot.com

TTFN,


10 comments:

Caylee said...

There is so much texture and so much attention to detail in your pages. I feel like I could stare at them for hours. In fact, I can't take my eyes off the heart one even while typing this comment.

Carole Dion said...

Very nice! Love the colors of the first and the third is my favorite too!

Delaney said...

I feel like my first thought every week reading the prompts was of my grandma! There's just nothing like a grandma's love and influence, is there? :)

Elizabeth said...

There is so much depth to each of your pages -- I keep noticing something new and beautiful. Just lovely.

Sarafree said...

Ahhh, the texture is so nice on your pages. The one inspired by your grandmother is beautiful. Well done!

Unknown said...

I love your work, I especially love your handwriting on your first picture.

Vanessa said...

so much inviting exture in your pages. Love that!

Anna said...

I love your beautiful use of ink and texture and gesso. You are inspiring me to try some of that out in my pages next season!

Anonymous said...

Every blog I have been to has inspired me in so me way. Your's is no exception. love the first one with the texture.

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful art journal pages!! Just love the top one especially!!!